Well, we got to bring our puppy girl home today. She is very very sore, but she is alert, and very lovey. I think she may have missed us as much as we missed her! They only outward evidence of her accident is the incision from where they had to put in her chest tube, cuz she had a pneumothorax (collapsed lung). She also is sporting a fractured hip, but they will do surgery and fix that in a couple of weeks. They wanted to let her heal from rolling underneath the tire of a car first! She hobbles around ok, gets from point A to point B eventually, but you can tell it is painful for her. When we got home, we took her out to go potty, and the cat came strutting up the driveway, and she looked and looked at that cat, and I know she would have given anything to chase after that darn cat. All in good time, I guess, but now I am feeling the guilt for not watching her closer when she was outside with me Monday night. Some people may think I am crazy to spend a thousand buckaroos to fix her, but in essence, it's my fault this happened, and I can't just let her die because I am a dummy. So, ya do what ya gotta do, and move on! I'm forever grateful to Dr. Johnson and his staff for helping her out. Without them, she surely would have died that night. They are wonderful, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone who has a pet in need! That being said, I need to go take care of my puppy girl...
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Update on Miss Millie
Posted by The Mitchell Maniacs at 10:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
your not crazy about taking care of her! she is just like your 2nd little girl!! Keep up the good work
I'm glad she'll be ok. If you want to save some money, I'll do the hip surgery for you, in my bath tub. Just kiddin' Kris and Craig spent about that to get thier cats leg fixed when it got broke, and I spend a few hundred to get my Turtles Tails operated on when he fell out of his tank and got a compound tail fracture. Its just what ya gotta do.
Oh Jen! That is terrible! It's not your fault...that could happen to anyone and I don't blame you for spending that money. Pets really do become like your children...maybe that is why I don't have any pets? ;) I'm glad your little girl is feeling better-she is such a cute dog!
Post a Comment