Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of "Real" School


Well, today I sent my baby off to her first day of kindergarten. She was so excited, but she kept telling me "Mom, I'm nervous!" I told her not to be nervous, cuz it's just like preschool. She then informed me "Well, Mom, everyone's nervous for their first day of real school!" She got up bright and early this morning and immediately started asking if it's time to go yet. We got her some breakfast, let her put on her new school clothes, fixed her hair, and then we had an HOUR to pass waiting for it to be time to go. When I finally told her to get her backpack, I thought I was going to have to peel her off the ceiling. We took a couple of pictures, and loaded up in the car. I walked her in to her class room, and then it hit me. My baby isn't so much of a baby anymore. I held back the tears, but believe me, I wanted to just put her back in the car and take her home for a couple more years. So many people have been asking me if I was going to cry when I took her to school the first day, and I kept saying "Hell no! I'm gonna throw a party while she's gone!" So, I'm here to tell you there isn't a whole lot of partying going on right now!

3 comments:

m2mommy said...

What a cutie! You will have to let us know how it went!!!

McFarland's said...

WOW both of our babies are in school...how wierd is that haha.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy it while you can, pretty soon she will be driving and hanging out with boys. HaHa