Saturday, August 30, 2008

Summer Storms

Tonight we had a pretty good storm. I absolutely love lightning shows! I went to sit outside to watch the storm, and of course, Elli was petrified. I sat her down next to me on the step and told her about counting the seconds between the lightning and the thunder to see how far away it is. When I told her the lightning was as far away as Wal-Mart, she settled down and watched it with me for awhile. After a bit, she got up and ran into the house hollering, "I'll be right back, Mom!" She came back with her blankie and teddy bear and plopped down next to me, ready for a show. Soon enough, the rain started coming down, and when a rain drop plopped on her cute little nose, she started singing

"If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops, oh what a rain it would be. Standing outside with my mouth open wide, A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-Aaaa!"

She is quite possibly the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I love her and her quirkiness so much!

2 comments:

m2mommy said...

Ohhh I love the summer storms. I just wish I could get the girls to like them!

Anonymous said...

I love summer storms, I just wish the power would stay on during them.But we had fun, we'll have to invite you down again when there is a blackout. :O)