The first week of August, we went on one of my favorite trips for the year. We went with Eric's family up to Willow Flat to camp for five days. So, one, I L-O-V-E to camp. I have decided that if I could live in a tent in the mountains and have a hot dog roasted over a fire every night, I would. I love the smell of the mountains, I love the cool air, not so fond of all the critters that tend to live in the forest too, but I could defend myself. And two, I love to fish. I am trying so hard to get Elli into this love too, but she is digging her heels HARD!!! She did catch one fish. Only one. Then she was done. When the little bugger started flipping around on the rope we had it on (I left ALL of my tackle home, so I had to make do, and Eric made this stringer for me) she decided that maybe fishing isn't her cup of Kool-Aid. She had some huge crocodile tears after that episode. I did manage (with the help from bribery of toys) to get a picture of her holding the fish that she detested. One of the best parts of the fishing was, the fish and game folks so kindly threw in about 15,000 fish for me to fish out if the Cub River. They put in about 1700 about 10 feet away from our trailer! I am not usually a "catch and release" kind of fisher, but I was catching fish so fast, that after 20 minutes, I had caught my limit for the day! No way was I ready to be done fishing for the day, so Eric stripped the barbs of my hook and caught and released about 200 fish in one day! It was the BEST!!! Thank you Idaho Fish and Game for putting all those fish in for me and the rest of the goobers I was camping with to catch! Sadly, I was having so much fun watching my in-laws try to kill each other that these were the only pics I got of the whole trip...as I said a few posts earlier...nothing with the Mitchell family is uneventful!!!
The next weekend, Elli and I went to Bear Lake with my mom and dad, Kenny and Chelsey, and Toree, Taylor, and her friend, Mandy. Although it was colder than H-E-L-L we really did have a lot of fun. We played Blink (which is sort of like speed without face cards) for awhile and then we all crashed. The next day we took the boat down to the lake, and it was so cold that my mom and I didn't even get on the boat! We stayed in sweats and hoodies all day on the beach! The others did go out on the boat, and some of the crazy ones even got in the water to wake board.
Taylor trying to spit on Toree's face
(I had to get this, it made me laugh!)
Toree and her friend Mandy
She was Elli's BFF for the weekend
Poor Poor Gracie hates to camp.
I kept telling my mom that she's gonna
commit doggie suicide!I told you it was cold up there!
Somewhere in this pile of blankets
Chelsey is hiding from the world!Chelsey, Taylor, Toree, Ashley, and Cassidy
sleeping in chairs on the beach after boatingKenny and Elli thinking outside box...
or running out of chairs, however you want
to look at it...
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Week after week of Camping...We are Fools!
Posted by The Mitchell Maniacs at 8:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thank you Jenn! Looks like you had a good time!
We sure do know how to have fun don't we!! Thank heavens we all have jobs so we can re-coop from the weekends!!
I can't believe how much you all like to camp. Some of that should rub off on me.
Post a Comment